Erik enjoys travelling and living in different countries. He has been working as Project Manager in the Super Yachting business and as a Senior Advisor Maritime Traffic Management for the Dutch Government .
Erik has lived and travelled in Greece, France, Australia, Portugal and the UK. He loves water and frozen water (snow), and the sports that you can practise on or in them.
Erik was born on a houseboat in Holland and has sailed since he was 4 years old. He has sailed serveral small sailboats and many weeks on the IJsselmeer with his own 20 feet sailing boat when he was younger.
He has his own company to service and deliver boats when he is not doing projects and has done a year long instructors course for sailing vessels. In the Dutch season he and his partner are offering daysail trips from Volendam on the IJsselmeer. We have our own 36ft Jeanneau Sun Oddysey sailboat.
Erik has several Maritime qualifications including :
- ICC for inland and coastal waters
- Theoretical Coastal Navigation
- RYA Dayskipper, partial Coastal Skipper Tidal
- CWO KJ-II, partial CWO KJ-III
- Personal Survival Techniques (A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (A-VI/1-4)